PCOS, taking metformin and althea, irregular heavy periods. Is this side effect of althea?

Hi I have I was diagnose of PCOS last march 2012, my ob gyn told me to take metformin together with Althea Pills since I always have my menstruation period 2 to 3 times a month. I had my brown menstruation this may so I started taking the althea pills but at the 3rd day of using my menstruation suddenly stopped I am not sure if this is a brown discharge or my menstruation since I always have menstruation irregularly and it is also a heavy menstruation. So I just want to know if this is one of the effects of Althea
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012