PCOS, severe headaches, heavy periods, spotting between periods, stopped Glucophage due to side effects. Peri-menopausal stage?

Hi, I am a 46 year old female that was diagnosed with PCOS over ten years ago and started on Glucophage . The medication made me very sick to my stomach, so the gyno told me I could stop taking it, he was not a big believer in the syndrome to begin with. I feel as though I am entering perimenopause as I have several other symptoms. I have had heavy periods, just as I did many years ago before my diagnosis, as well as the severe headaches . Now I have been spotting in between periods. Should I attempt to go back on the Glucophage if I might be close to Menopause?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012