PCOS, prescribed Primolut. Can I start Diane during withdrawal bleeding?

Hi Doc, I am 22 years old, weighing 76 kgs and a patient of PCOS and was advised to take metformin 850 mg which did not suit my stomach i.e i got loose stools , nauseous feeling, I took around total of 10-12 tablets of metformin and then discontinued because of its side effects, that month i got my periods on time, but the next month again my periods were missing, I consulted another gynae and she prescribed me Primolut Nor 10 mg for 5 days, after that I got a withdrawl bleeding on the 5th day after finishing the doses of Primolut. Now today is the 7th day of my cycle as per the start date of withdrawl bleeding, and my gynae prescribed me Diane 35, for my acne , as well as to help me with PCOS and also because I dont want to get pregnant for now. Can i start Diane 35 today (i.e 7th day of withdrawl bleeding started) ?? Will i be fully protected against pregnancy after 7 days of taking Diane 35 ?? and can i take metformin along with diane 35? Will metformin lessen the contraceptive effectiveness of Diane 35 ?? Because my gynae said I should continue taking less dose of metformin along with diane 35 and get used to metformin side effects. And i have heard that Diane 35 can gain weight, is that true ?? Thanks in Advance :)
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012