PCOD, trying to conceive, had miscarriage, USG showed egg on day 13th, want to know reason for prescribing ovashield

i am 36 yrs old. had a miscarraige by itself on 3rd month 1yr. back. then doctor said the foetus did not grow properly and had problem so the miscarriage happened by itself. now i am diagonised with early PCOD signs and is having difficulty in conceiving 2nd issue. ist child is 5 yrs old. usg report showed egg size 8-10 mm on day 13th and 14-18 mm in the rt & lft ovary resp. day 16th showed rapture of rt. ovary. doctor says everything normal and to try harder. prescribed ova shield tablets from d3 this month. kindly let me know if my egg size are good and why ova shield is prescribed.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012