PCOD resulting in pigmentation on both cheeks. Used Melacare. Having darker pigmentation. Continue with Melacare?

I am 27, had PCOD problem that resulted in mild pigmentation on both the cheeks. As per the Doctor, used Melacare for a month now, used only during night time. Results were amazing making my skin fair, glowing and pigmentation completey faded away. Hence stoppped using Melacare since a week, now skin has become dull, pigmentation is back, skin is darker than before. Doctor told to use Melacare at night and Sunscreen during the day. Since I am at home, didnot use any sunscreen lotions, was this a miss? I feel so bad because Initial results were good, after I stopped using Melacare, its horrible. I dont want to get addicted to Melacare, because I am getting married in six months now. Please advise if I should use Melacare at night and Sunscreen during the day, will it help to fade away the pigmentation, if yes then whats the during I should continue or should I go for some chemical peels from Beauty Clinics like, VLCC, Kosmaderma, Vcare, Anu s etc. Please answer in detail.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013