PCOD, missed periods, get periods only after taking Regesterone. Sonography, hormonal tests normal. Side effects of prolonged use of Regesterone?

hi greetings for the day, i have a menses problem i was diagnosed with pcod before 3 years and was prescribed some pills . however after having those pills i got my problem solved and my periods were regular for a year then the same problem has begun. i did my sonography which was normal and also did my hormonal tests which were normal too. the problem now is i have to take regestrone 5mg t.i.d for 3 days in order to get my periods. past 2 months i didnt took it and so i had no periods. what can be the side effects of prolonged use of regesterone?? and will i have to be dependent on it life long?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
thank you for the inquiry. try the folowing ayurveda medicines.

sukumaram kashayam tablets 2-0-2 before food

2.gynoven 2-2-2 after food

for three months and get back to me