PCOD, hypothyroid, trying to conceive, have missed periods with brownish discharge, negative HPT. On orgamed, taken progesterone. <br>What should be next step?

Hi doctor I am 23years old and married. I have PCOD and hypothyroidism for the past 5 years and have very irregular periods. We are trying to conceive and my obsterician has put me on orgamed 10mg (one tab at night for 10 days) for three months. The first month I got my periods on the third day after the last pill . I had some blood tests done and my doctor wanted me to take metmorphin (Glycomet 850mg * twice a day) along with orgamed. I had my last periods on june 8th and I started orgamed again from 23rd june. (ie from the 15th day of my cycle). The last pill got over on 2nd july and till date I havenot got my periods. Though I had some brownish red discharge on 5th july, the periods didnot turn up after that. My HPT shows negative and I keep checking every other day. And one important thing is that I had a sudden bleeding on 23rd june in the morning but not heavy. It lasted only for an hour. I visited my obsterician and she has asked me to wait till next week. I experienced frequent headaches (near the eyes) last week buyt not now. Also sometimes I feel extremely tired and sleepy in the afternoons. But the symptoms are not regular. My doc says that It might be because of metmorphin. Also occasionaly I experience period like cramps in the lower right part of my abdomen. Other than these I dont have any other symptoms. Now my question is, why am I not getting my periods in spite of taking 10 progesterone pills? Is there any possibility to get pregnant with orgamed? But my HPT comes negative all the time. What is the next step I can do? Some say that HPT can sometimes be misleading. If that is tru, what other test can help me? Awaiting your detailed reply.. Thanking you in advance. Vidhya.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012