PCOD, dark patches on face, obimet sr 500mg taken, no regularity in periods, Surgery only permanent solution?

Hi doctor, i am having Pcod , my weight is 59kg, height is 162cm. i am not obese , but there are slight dark patches on my face. I am taking Obimet *SR 500mg , for the past few months. But i am still not getting regular periods. Is there any use if i continue the same? i have tried many other medicines ( Diane-35, Meprate etc) previously. When i take medications , everything is fine, once i stop tablets, it will not respond,and no periods. Is surgery of punging down the cysts from the ovary , a permanent solution for pcod? Please reply. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012