Overweight, took phentermine tabs to reduce weight, heard it has side effects. Any ways to reduce weight?

hello doc, my weight is 92 kgs, my age is 31, i have heavy thighs, please suggest me a good medicine to reduce weight. 3 months back my wt. was 103kgs, i went to a doctor she gave me many medicines without name from her clinic, saying that she is importing those medicines from USA. one of which was a white oval tablet imprinted A 159 on one side. Through net i came to those are phentermine tabs and has many side effects. and those tablets are cheap. she took 7000 rs for one month course. please sir guide me correctly. my sugar becomes low if i skip the meal.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012