Overweight since childhood. White stretch marks all over tummy, arms. How to get rid of it?

Hi Dr. Surindher. I am Gam from the Philippines. I am 22 yrs old. I am 5 8 in height. I was born healthy. They say I was almost overweight when I was in elementary. I was a bit overweight in highschool. Until I reach this age and now I weigh about 99kg. I started having stretch marks all over my tummy and the are on my arms through my armpits. They used to be color red. Now they are white. I ve been reading articles about getting rid of it but all they say is there is no real treatment. There are lasers and all that but it costs a lot. Do you know any cheap way to at least improve its appearance? I was also wondering if it will be gone if I try to lose weight. Thanks and more power.
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Madam,

Well madam laser remains the best possible method for removal of stretch marks rest everything said and done is not going to work in this .

Dr. Shruti