Overweight, not on diet restrictions or precautionary measures for defibrillator, fluid issues due to congestive heart failure. Life expectancy?

My friend Hank has a Defibrillator, massive fluid issues due to Congestive Heart failure , takes 5 fluid pills a day, is massively overweight , does not curtail his diet and can hardly get up or walk more than a few yards without getting out of breath and worn out. Is this stage 3 or stage 4 and if he keeps up this pace of ignoring diet, exercise and any other prohibitive measures, what kind of life expectancy might he have? I know there is no exact science, but on the average what would you say? He has stated he will not undergo any more heart surgeries.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012