Overweight, having irregular periods. Tested normal for thyroid and diabetes. Safe to take glycomet SR 500?

hello dr, I am having irregular periods like 2 -3 months since last 2 years i consult to gynac and i have some test for thyroid and diabetes also but both are normal. Gynac given me medice courses during courses i was regular but now again i am irregular. I am overweight with 15 kgs she gave me glycomet SR 500 and told me that this tab will help to reduce weight as well as for periods. So please suggest this tab will really reduce weight ?? are their any side effects ?? I am really tens with this prob .. :( My age is 25 and unmarried
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012