Overweight, have overall muscle weakness, joint pain, nausea on bending, difficulty in moving after starting exercise program. How can I avoid it?

Hi, I am a female, 48 years old, 5 4 , and I weigh 256 pounds. I recently joined the YMCA to start an exercise program and to try to lose the weight. I have so much overall muscle weakness and joint pain, though, it s really hard to get moving. When I bend over at the waist , I start to get a nauseous feeling and my legs go weak. My legs hurt all the time, and I have a very hard time getting up from even sitting in a chair. I see people much heavier than I am all the time who seem to have a lot less trouble walking and getting around. I am getting so discouraged. I really need to lose this weight, but I am so out of shape, what can I do?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012