Overweight, excess fat in arms. Drinking lukewarm water with honey and lemon. Tips to lose weight?

Hi , I am 23 yrs old, getting married in may, right now my weight is 63 and my height is 5 3. I look very plumpy, espeacially my arms are big... i wish too reduce my wieght before my wedding... can some one suggest me what can be done? I heard drinking Lukewarm water with honey and lemon in empty stomach works out well... is it true?? To be frank i tried doin exercises but am not able to do it continously... Any kind of home remidies are welcome....
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Hi sowmyavenkat614 welcome to HCM,

There is no scientific evidence for weight reduction by drinking lukewarm water with lemon and honey. There are some drugs for weight reduction but none of them without side effects and it requires constant monitoring while taking that drug.. Since you have mentioned that your marriage is on may only lot of time left still. So its better to do regular physical excercise with taking foods low in calorie and fat would be the best option for weight reduction. Once the weight is reduced then the arms will become proportionate to your body....
With regards,
Dr. Parthipan
Dentist Dr. Deepali Upadhyaya's  Response
hello saumya...

Overall weight loss is effective more than just trying to loose from one portion of body .If you are not able to comply with exercise regime , then atlaest you should do some kind of outdoor activities which causes sweat loss, like walking rigorously , or running , jogging, playing badminton , basketball etc. You need to carry out these types for 30 mins for 5 days a week.
have a look on your diet also. try consuming less oil and fast foods. Go for fruits and leafy green vegetables. have a good breakfast and lunch with light dinner. Try to walk in night a little after having dinner. do not sleep immediately after dinner.
dr deepali