Overweight, chest pain, fullness in throat, hiccups, disturbed sleep. Is this associated with eating?

Hi, I am a 33yr old female, and am overweight . Recently I have been experiencing a sensation of something being lodged in my throat , accompanied by chest pain (across the shoulder blades) & hiccoughs. It s there pretty much constantly & is now disturbing my sleep as I wake up feeling sharp pains in my throat & chest. It doesn t seem to be associated with eating etc, but am also experiencing slight pain when eating - please help!
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013