Overweight, back pain, have numbness on soles, neck spinal area, constipation, dizzy spells. Had different diagnosis of disc degeneration and peripheral neuropathy. What should be my next step?

Hi Doctors, I am 63 years of age. I am overweight and am suffering from back pain . My symptoms include burning numbing sensation on my soles, numbness in the neck spinal area, constipation , dizzy spells. I was diagnosed with disc degeneration (L2 to L5) by one doctor and recommended surgery. With a second opinion with another doctor I was advised it is peripheral neuropathy . What should I do? Please advise. Carmelina Rodrigues
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012