Overweight. Why are piles reoccurring? Is it due to bowel movement?

age 50 female overweight by about 30 pounds. bowel movement normally twice a week. last thanksgiving after eating vegatables for the holidays my movements became daily. however i developed piles. from the online pictures it appears to be early stage. ive used preperation h internal/external. this has helped, but piles are reaccuring when i am at the computer desk. my question is when i check to see whats going on i notice my labia is swollen before any further looking. is this part of piles? swelling from labia all the way to anus .
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
hello there..
welcome to healthcaremagic..

well after going through your query i can make out that you are having major etiological factors for obesity and lack of fibres in diet... bowel movements twice a week is not normal.. and its good that to had started eating vegetables.. anyhow i want to make it clear that after thanks giving when you had vegs and your movements became regular, thats fine but you should not have developed piles due to that.. infact piles may be caused sometimeback but they might have come into picture only after fully developing.. so i advice you to continue eating vegetables and fruits rich in fibers regularly...

and i also advive you to get consulted to a surgeon and get the appropriate treatment done which is done according to the grading of the piles.. coz longterm complication of piles is 'fistula' which is more cumbersome and difficult to treat so plz get consulted to a surgeon..

as far as the swelling is labia is concerned.. swelling in labia cant be caused by piles in any way... there may be some swelling in perineal region which is area in between anus and labia.. but piles cant get extende till labia.. so u need to be concerned about that separately.. and dont worry piles is easily and completely manageable..

i hope this solves ur query...
i wish u a speedy recovery and good health..
thanks and take care...