Overweight. Taken depo provera shot, side effect of weight gain. Will I gain weight?

Hi I m 20 years old, 5ft 2 and i ve put on quite a bit of weight since being at uni. I now weight 10 stone and i was aiming to lose around 10 pounds in the next term by eating healthier and exercising. However, yesterday i had the 3 month depo provera was last minute decision and i only read reviews after but nearly every review i ve read online has said they have had problems with weight gain . And now i m worried i won t be able to lose weight and will put it on! If it does make you gain weight how does it do this? Is is just due to an increase in appetite?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013