Overlapped pill, no periods after finishing pack. Having brownish clots. Cause?

I ve overlapped my pill the last 3 months I have been on it for nearly 4 years, and when I have a lot on I tend to over lap but it s only from time to time. Usually I come Back on my period within 4 days of finishing the pack.. Never longer... However this time I haven t and its been 9 days. What is happening though is I m getting brownish clots which I have had before usually it only lasts for a few hours before my period starts, it s been ages now and I don t even feel like I m due on (usually bad pains and can tell) what do you think the problem Is? I bought a pregnancy test today because I ve been so worried! But waiting til the morning, but now I can t sleep!
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
it is not unusual for someone who has been on the pull for a long time to miss a period. since you have been consistently on the pill you don't need I worry about pregnancy. also, today's home pregnancy tests work even on any urine, not just the first morning one. so you can alleviate your worry by using the yet any time of day. you can safely continue the pills just as you have been using them, even if the periods don't come when they are supposed to. I hope this answers your questions, please let me know if you need any more help.