Overgrown bone in the interior of ankle, advised to insert teo screws, lot of pain in ankle. Other options?

I have en overgrown bone in the interior side of my ankle. Over the years it grew and pushed my ankle inward on my right foot . I saw a podiatrist and had an MRI done. He said that the only option was to insert teo screws to eliminate one joint or point of mobility in the ankle since I have two where there is supposed to be one. I get alot of ankle pain and cant tun for long periods of time. Is there any pther options available?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012