Overdosed aspirin for headaches, menstrual pain, felt nauseous, vomited. Will I have sudden liver failure?

I accidentally overdosed yesterday on aspirin while trying to combat horrible headache , sickness, menstrual pain, etc all at once. I think it s a therapeutic misadventure where I ended up taking about 6-7g for two days instead of 4g. I felt nauseous and threw up then quit all the pills. When I read online this could poison my body and lead to sudden liver failure I rushed to the hospital this morning (I live in Japan). After explaining my situation to the doctor, he said I d be fine and that the liver is very strong. I said I worried about my liver, worried about the throwing up, the overdose, and asked about stomach pumping, activated charcoal, etc. He insisted I was fine though my stomach hurt, gave me medicine for upset stomach, and agreed to do a blood test for liver function at my request. The results come in on Monday. I could have liver failure by then. Should I listen to him and not worry? I d hate to have sudden liver failure from a stupid mistake though I tried to do the right thing. Help me please!
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012