Over weight, rapid heartbeat, have anxiety. Social smoker and social drinker. Taken Xanax. Help?

I am a 50 year old women. Over weight, social smoker and social drinker. For the last couple of months, I have noticed that I can feel my heart beating in my throat and chest. Sometimes in my ears. I was diagnosed with axiety years ago and am on .5 mg xanax and 20 mg prozac . I only take xanax when needed. Could this condition be the cause or could it be something else? Last blood pressure check was just a tad high. Otherwise not concern for blood pressure meds.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013