Over weight, irregular period, white mucus discharge. Done blood tests, peripheral smear study. What is going on?

Hi. I m 26 years old software professional married since six months.I had irregularities even before marriage and whenever I consult a doctor, after taking all the tests, I would be only diagonised to reduce my weight. I took one test before marriage that is by August and found the Scan report having something like Polycystic changes seen. Usually I get periods for 5 days and normal flow and once in two months. After marriage I got only once on October 12th and did not get a period till now but get the period cramps every month and kind of white mucus . I again consulted the doctor to check if I m pregnant but the pregnancy test and Beta HCG test came out negative confirming I m not pregnant. Then to see the reason for irregularities my doctor asked me to conduct the following tests, GTT , TSH, FT3, FT4, Urine Routine, CBC, Peripheral Smear study. GTT( Fasting , 30 mins, 1hr, 1.5 hr and 2 hr) was within normal range. TSH was 5.4(0.5 to 5.6). FT3 and FT4 was within normal range, Urine routine had everything within normal range, WBC - 8900, RBC - withing normal range, Platelets - 0000, HB - 12.8. Peripheral Smear Study was within normal range, Lipid Profile was within normal range, but triglycerides was 165(not sure if this normal). After seeing all these, doctor advised me to reduce weight and prescribed Meprate (1-0-1 for 5 days), Folic acid(30 days). I m 80 Kgs now and I see weight gain as the major problem and do not know the reason for my weight gain. I m seriously worried and have no clue why I have irregularities and weight gain when everything is normal.Do I need to check my endocrine system . Please help and advise. I take only vegetarian home prepared food of total calories 1600 to 1800 per day. I go for walk for 45 mins, yoga for 20 mins, 5 days a week. Eat healthy green leafy vegetables, fruits of one choice per day and lentils. Please suggest and help me to get rid of this problem and I seriously want to stay healthy and fit.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013