Over weight, hands feels uncomfortable and cold. What is the cause? Looking for treatment

My almost sixty year old, overweight friend often walks with me, usually a brisk, hour-long walk. For the last few months, she s complained that her left hand gets noticeably and, sometimes, uncomfortably colder as she walks. I can easily tell the difference in the temperature of her two hands; the right is pink and warm and the left is cold and not pink. What are likely causes? Should she seek medical help? From whom.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012