Ovary cyst and pregnancy, should I be concerned ?

I am currently 16 weeks pregnant. At my last appointment the doctor discovered an 8cm cyst on my right ovary. She told me that it was clear and didn't look like it was anything be a collection of water. In any case, I am scheduled for another ultrasound in three weeks. Three weeks after that I have a 4 night cruise planned. I have not have any pain or other symptoms from the cyst. Is it alright to travel with a cyst while pregnant? The cruise requires the doctor to sign a document allowing me to go. I haven't be able to get ahold of my doctor. The doctor has assured me that everything will be alright, but we just need to keep any eye on it. I'm just wondering if I should be concerned that I will not be able to go on the trip.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Apr 2010

You have just crossed the first trimester which was an absolute contraindication for air travel. Now it is ok but again there is problem with your cyst. So you shall need to take extra care out of that. Your obstetrician is the right person for you to consutl. If you are not able to meet your doctor, then do not hesitate to consult the specialist Dr.Chetna Jain in our panel. I shall give you the link