Ovarian cystectomy done. Took medication for getting periods after surgery, got brown discharge, high LDL. Problem?

Hi I had an ovarian cystectomy about 6 months ago. They removed a simple cyst measuring about 7 cm from my left ovary. The ovary was left intact. However they found some papillary excrescences because of which they ran a couple of tests and found that it was Cystadenofibroma. The doctor asked me to get repeat ultrasounds done every one year and otherwise to ignore it. I ve not got my periods since the surgery. The doctor did prescribe some medicines so that I get my period in June but what I got was some brown discharge. After that I haven t got my period. I m 26 years old and unmarried. I ve had high LDL for the past two years otherwise I m healthy. What could the problem be. Should I ignore it like my doctor is suggesting me to?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013