Ovarian cyst ruptured, chronic pelvic pain. Done U/S, found follicles on ovaries. What is the cure?

I recently had an ovarian cyst that ruptured and left me with debilitating pain to the point where it hurt to wear a seatvelt when I drove, lean over, carry anything over a couple of pounds. The pain was almost completely unbearable after sex. When I told my dr s office, the blew me off and told me that it would resolve on its own . I am worried now that I may have developed another cyst bc I have chronic pelvic pain . My ultrasound done after the cyst rupture showed free fluid in pelvis , and many follicles on both ovaries, I have been tested for PCOS and do not have it, however my mother and both of my sisters have cystic ovaries. I am 27, never been pregnant, and have been off bc for a year and 8 months. My husband and I have been trying to conceive and my dr gave me two options: clomid or birth control. I just want to find out why and how to manage the chronic pelvic pain that I have. Supposedly, from the ultrasound, they have ruled out endometriosis , but I have been told that that is not a definitive dx. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012