Ovarian cyst causing pain and pressure. Planning to start family. Should I insist to remove?

Hello, I m 29 years old and 168 pounds. I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst last Summer and was told by the Dr at the time (after waiting for 6 weeks to check if it resolved itself, which it didn t) that he wouldn t remove it unless it was causing me pain as scar tissue and babies don t mix . I am now in a little discomfort and am getting very nervous that it needs to be removed or that it has been left too long. I can feel some pressure in the area. I have an appointment to go back on Monday for an assessment. I am afraid that I might end up loosing the entire ovary . I just got married in December and was hoping to start a family soon. Should I be worried? Should I insist on having it removed?
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012