Ovarian cancer, parkinsonism, diabetic. Done surgery for cancer, advised chemo. Timeline for cancer, inherited disease?

I am inquiring information on Ovarian Cancer for my paternal grandmother. She is 73 years of age and was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer in July 2012 at the age of 72. She has advanced Parkinson's Disease and is borderline diabetic, as well. She had a partial hysterectomy in 1971-ish, leaving her ovaries. She was complaining about her left hip hurting really bad, slight back pain, had trouble with her kidneys (constant infections) and constipation (far back as I can remember and I am 32). They completed an abdomin ultrasound and located a "mass" within lower stomach. We were sent to an oncologist. He recommended surgery, asap. She had surgery. At that time, we were told that the "mass" was indeed her right ovary, in which was approximately the size of a grapefruit. Upon surgery completion, the oncologist stated the cancer had spread through the walls of both ovaries and spidered out onto her intestines. He stated he cleaned up everything that he could see at that time and recommended chemo. She refused chemo and states she doesn't want to know anymore. She refused to go back to the oncologist since that time. What is the normal timeline for Ovarian cancer of this magnitude. I never received a stage level or anything from the oncologist. My maternal grandmother died approximately 2 weeks before I was born from Ovarian Cancer, so I never got the chance to meet her. I am 32 years of age, do not have children and have endometriosis. Am I subject to getting this horrible disease, as well?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013