Ovarian cancer, fluid drained from lungs. Which stage of cancer does she have?

Hi my mother had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer , she has had 3 litres of fluid drained from her lungs and has been sent home from hospital to wait to hear from her oncologist . Everything is very vague, we have had no answers. We are assuming it is incurable however I m interested to know if there s a stage whereby she won t be offered any treatment as the cancer is so advanced. We need to know so we can prepare, we don t know of we have days or years left with her
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012