Oval-shaped organ swelling next to eye. What is wrong?

There is a oval-shaped organ swelling next to the right Eye and in between the right ear and right eye to my mom. As per the General Physician suggestion, I consulted the Eye Specialist. Eye Specialist confirmed that its no where related to eye. He asked me to consult the General Surgeon . Can you please suggest me what need to be done?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I have gone through your mail as you said that your mom has an oval swelling on right side of right eye in the area between right eye and right ear,your eye specialist had declared that this swelling is not concerned with eye,I suspect this lump should be clinically examined by surgeon for physical findings regarding lump which will help in making diagnosis,than after your mother should go for F.N.A.C.from the lump which will discose the real pathology of lump than only final line of treatment may be planed.Thanks.