Oval lump on right side of neck, shoulder sore, neck is stiff. Could it be due to muscular tension?

I am a 53 yr old female with an oval lump on the right side of my neck. It is sore if I palpate it. Sometimes it is bigger than other times. Sometimes I can t feel it at all. In the back of my neck - on the right side and just where the neck joins the skull - there is a sore and tender area. My neck in general is stiff and my right shoulder is sore. My jaw and facial muscles are sore too. Could my swollen lymph node be related to muscular tension?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012