Outbreak of skin rashes, red spots on soles of feet, palms, arms, inner thighs, recovering from pneumonia. Causes and treatment?

Hi. my mum suddenly had and outbreak of a rash . Red spots on the bottom of her foot , now palm of her hands and now the arms and inner thigh are with red spots. We went to the doctor in the beginning stages and he thought it may be viral as it seems to be symmetrical. It seems to have spread now to the rest of the arm and inner thigh! I m concerned because she has been recovering at home from pnemonia about 8 weeks now after being hospitalized. Any idea of what to do as its really itchy and feels hot all over! She s using betometasone cream 2 times a day for the last day and a half!!
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012