Osteoporosis, used boniva for nine years, suggested forteo. Any other suggestions?

Hi, I have osteoporosis and have been on Boniva for nine years. I have been off it for about 14 months. My right hip doesn't look good and I am afraid of a fracture. I exercise on the elliptical every day. I would like to get an appt. with a doctor that specializes in osteoporosis. I heard there are new shots out th at you can take twice a year. They wanted to put me on Forteo, I am hesitant about that. Let me know what you think and who is an excellent doctor that you would recommend. Thank You Susan Gange
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013