Osteoporosis, taken calcium supplements, vitamin D. Suggestions?

I was told yesterday that I have osteopenia and am ALMOST at osteoporosis. I excercise daily, have taken calcium supplements w/ vit D daily and NO family history of osteoporosis. Will I be able tyo REBUILD the bone already lost ( last dexascan was 2007 ) I was told my lower spin " didn't look good. I think they tiold me it was a negative 2.2 ???
I am very upset with this news as I have always been very athletic and try to take care of myself. I am 60 years old but pass for 50 with " good living ". I was told taking 10,000 units of vit D might help calcium uptake ??? What do you suggest ???
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013