Osteophytes, bone spurs in right knee. Pain during weather change. How to strengthen damaged cartilage?

Is it possible to cure knee osteo arthritis ? I have a severe problem with my knee joint . osteophytes and bone spurs are there in my right knee. I fell down about 17 years back. I am basically a teacher. Some times I have to stand for 1 or1 1/2 hours, climb stairs, movement from one class room to other.... etc. There was no serious problem for the last few years. But as now I am staying in Muscat and if there is change in the weather conditions there will be pain. Could you pls tell me whether it is possible to strenghten or rejuvenate the damaged cartilage . I am 39 now. I prefer ayurvedic treatment from trivandrum.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013