Osteomyelitis on the neck. Could it be due to the blood poisoning after the teeth extraction?

When I was 42 I developed blood poisoning, they think it was caused when got all my teeth out. My question is why did it cause Osteomyelitis of my c5 and c6 in my neck . And why did it also cause a abcess on my spinal cord . What actually is Osteomyelitis and how does it work? And when they took off the abcess why did it cause me to become a quadriplegic with severe nerve pain? Also how common is Osteomyelitis? Thank you for answering my question.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013