Osteoarthritis, suggested for hip replacement, walk with a limp. Dosage for strontium ranelate? Precaution?

Hi, I am female. I have been diagnosed as suffering from Osteo- arthritis of the right HIP. The Doctor has suggested Hip replacement- but I do not want to go for this now as I am only 58 years old. Also, I am still quite mobile, and not in much pain, and I can climb stairs etc. though I walk with a limp. Please tell me if I should take Strontium ranelate (indian brand STRONAT) as I have heard that this will prevent the advancement of Osteo-arthritis . If so, what should the dosage be and how often should I take it - also are there any precautions while taking this med, thanx, shirin
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012