Osteo-arthritis in jaws, clicking sound, headaches, pain behind ears. Fluid put in jaw. Correct treatment?

I have just been diagonosed with osteo- arthritis in my jaws. I have a cross bite to the left (approx 1.5 cm moved to the left in the last 3 years) and my jaw is clicking and crunching on the right. I suffer from headaches and pain at the back of my skull behind my left ear (lumpy bit at the base of my skull). I am going in to have fluid put into the jaw under anaesthetic but the doctor didn t explain much about it. Can you help me?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012