Ossifiation in the area of irritation due to achilles tendon. How to get rid of ossification short of surgery?

I had the misfortune of taking walking shoes to China. The shoes proved to be an irritation but were a famous brand and should have set my feet in just the right way. However, I irritated the achilles tendon and now have a growth (ossification) where the irritation was. I have seen a podiatrist who wants to make sure that I have my high arches supported and that I don t suffer further irritation. Surgery would be a last resort. This all is on the left ankle. I have been to massage and I have greater mobility and flexibity of the left foot , but the growth still can be painful. Getting the foot into alignment may help but how do I get rid of the ossification short of surgery. Is magnesium oxide a possibility? I am 64 and in good health and I am a normal weight.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012