Orange oil in stool, has slow thyroid, on steady diet. What could be the reason?

my 7 year old son who is very healthy often has orange oil in his stool - he has a pretty steady diet - not alot of exciting foods - plan bread with cheese/ apples & fruit. Chicken nugget & breaded fish. Plain hamburger on a bun . He has a sweet tooth but we try to watch it. His pediatricion said he has a slow thyroid (hereditary) but he s not on any type of medication. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hi ,I don't think you should not worry about this symptom unless he is not passing blood in stools, any associated bowel problems. What about his stool frequency and consistency ?Definitely thyroid disease won't cause this symptom. You mentioned hereditary slow thyroid , do you have any family history of thyroid disease ? Can you mention thyroid function results so that I will let you know more regarding management ?