Oral sex can cause problem with menstrual cycle?

Hello... iam 23 years old.female. iam married. Iam not mentrual since i started having oral sex with my husband. Its been one month already and im not still mentrual.and we are not ready for kids right now.because of this mentrual problem we are scared of having sex even with protection.coild please help me? Only because oral sex do i have any problem for mentrual? Do i mentrue in next month? Please help me.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Hi and thanks for the query,
By no way can exclusive oral sex lead to a pregnancy. Its relationship to menstrual cycle abnormalities is really very obscure.
However, the commonest cause of lack of periods or delayed periods in a female of reproductive age, with a past history of risky or unprotected sex is a pregnancy. The most appropriate thing to do now is carrying out a good pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. Its only on the basis of a negative pregnancy test that other causes of menstrual abnormalities could be considered with obviously expert opinion from a gynecologist.
For now, I suggest you carry out a pregnancy test first.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.