Operated on bladder growth. Dos and donts post operation?

My father who is 86 has just ahd a procedure to remove a bladder growth, it was a non invasive procedure and it went very well My father did have a difficult time in hospital though in that he expereinced a night terror where he thought he was being kidnapped and was upset to the point where i\ was called to the hospital at 2 am to calm him down which wasnt easy.( we discoveredhe had a temperature and infection which had probably causd it) It also took a while for the irrigation and then for his catheter to be removed so he wa sin 5 days in all. Hes now been home 2 days and Im wonderign in medical terms what he should and shouldnt do as he is keen to start pottering and go for short walks and my mother (80) is wanting him to basically sit and do nothing. I know it depends on his general health etc but in medical terms what is the usual advoce (his very first nurse pre op said he should be up and about and back to normal in days but I relaise she didnt know he woudl have that strssful experience? I kust want to advic=se forma a position of knowledge thankyou
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013

You father had night terror because of his condition. I think he can resume basic activities in 7-10 days and normal activities can take another week to resume. It depends on the comfort level of your father.

Dr Vaishalee