Operated of tumor in spinal cord, relative thinning of upper dorsal cord. What is the meaning?

hello doctor, my father is being operated of tumour in spinal cord in 2010. and recently (nov.18.2012)we got his MRI report which is saying this ..... here is evidence of signal intensity alteration noted extending from D4 to upper lumber region with relative thinning of upper dorsal cord (D1-D4 level). post operative changes are noted in lower dorsal and upper lumber level in form of laminectomy and distorted posterior soft tissue planes. IMPRESSION - post operative case of cauda equina tumour shows. signal intensity alteration extending from D4 to upper lumber region ....? post operative changes ?? myelitis ...So doctor,what this is saying or what should we do now....it is curable or not?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013