Operated for meningioma, taken tegretol, taking tonact 20, polybion capsules. Is it ok to take levipil tablet instead of tegretol?

Hello doctor.. My father is 46 yrs old ... 13 years before he was operated for menangiama ....and he was advised to take tegretal 250mgs tablet in morning and 100mg at night ....Now, after taking EEG , the doctor advised to take levipil 250mgs three times a day ...he is also taking cholestrol tablet tonact 20mgs and polybion capsule .... Is it ok to take levipil tablet 750mg/day instead of tegretal 350mgs/day ??
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012