Operated for Familial Adenomatous polyposis, resulted in stoma, advised j-pouch surgery to reverse stoma

I have a genetic condition called Familial Adenomatous polyposis and i had surgery 2 years ago. The surgery that I was meant to have was an IRA and it went wrong and i ended up with a stoma. I have having the j- pouch surgery to reverse the stoma in the next 18 weeks. i am 18 years old. i dont really understand the procedure and was wondering if you could explain it in a more if a simpler form.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Nov 2013