Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Operated for Familial Adenomatous polyposis, resulted in stoma, advised j-pouch surgery to reverse stoma

I have a genetic condition called Familial Adenomatous polyposis and i had surgery 2 years ago. The surgery that I was meant to have was an IRA and it went wrong and i ended up with a stoma. I have having the j- pouch surgery to reverse the stoma in the next 18 weeks. i am 18 years old. i dont really understand the procedure and was wondering if you could explain it in a more if a simpler form.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Nov 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
In j-pouch surgery the small intestine will be bent near its end in j shape and directly connected to anus.Temporary ileostomy(opening in abdomen to pass motion) will be done to let the connected part heal.Later you will have normal motions except that frequency will increase to 4-5/day.You can do the routine work like before.
Answered: Thu, 14 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor