Operated for Endometriosis. Had brown spotting instead of heavy bleeding. Pregnancy test negative. Possible cause?

I would like to know if I should worry about a drastic change in my mentrual cycle. I was diagnosed and operated on for Endometriosis (stage 4) 3 years ago. During the procedure he tried to remove most of the endometriosis but said did not get all of it because didn t want to remove good tissue with bad tissue. I have 2 kids and do not want anymore(I ve also had 2 miscarriges and a tubal pregnancy). Anyway, I am on birth control pills and normally I bleed 5-7 days very heavy. This month I basically spotted dark black-brownish blood for 3 days and it stopped. I did take pregnancy test just to be sure which was negative.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013