Operated and got uterus removed, found extra lump of muscles. Doctor say that the intestine is stickying to each other nothing can be done. Concerned?

my name is namitha, my mother in law was operated and her uterus had been removed but at the time of operation the doctor had found extra muscles in the form of lumps so he operated that one also but when he did so the lump had to be detached from the intestine so he did so may be at that time damage must has caused, after 2 years my mother in law had severe pain in her stomach she felt as though a nerve being pulled in her stomach, what ever she ate she would vomit she couldnt digest the food again we admited her to the hospital, and it had been told that the intestine has been damaged it has been almost wrotten it has become so big that a hand can pass through it, then it had been operated and somewhat she felt ok but now after 6 months the condition is serious the same thing is repeated the doctor say that the intestine is stickying to each other nothing can be done is it true should we consult another doctor or not, is there any remedy for this
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013