Open wound on forearm, red and swollen with pus and watery blood, red inch line upto elbow. What should be done?

my husband has an open and obviously infected bite?/wound about the size of a nickle on his mid left forearm . It is swollen, red, and gives off puss and watery blood . It has been doing this for a little over a week. Today a red line 1/4 inch wide has run up to the elbow . My understanding is the infection has moved to the bloodstream. I have watched the line and it has not moved past the elbow in the last 2 hours. What do we need to do and how soon as we do not have health insurance?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012

thanks for writing here.

Your husband has got infectd wound.

If proper care is not taken it will convert in to ulcer.

Regular cleaning with dressing is required.

You need to take oral antibiotics and multivitamins.

It will be better to meet a doctor and start treatment accordingly.