Open wound inside nostril, bleeds everyday. Massive bleeding, pain after removing white lump. Biopsy required?

I have had an open wound inside my left nostril for over 10 years now. This sore always bleeds slightly everyday. I have not allowed this to heal simply because it always felt blocked and obstructed my breathing so it was easier to remove the newly made scab. Several Months ago I noticed the sore has now grown a thick white lump on top instead of the usual scab. When aggravated the area tends to bleed quite profusely and takes quite a while to stop. Today around 3pm, I picked the white lump off causing a massive bleed and have been in slight discomfort around my left nostril and down my cheek along with up to my ear ever since. Its now 10.30pm and the pain has increased. This evening my left shoulder is tense, sore and aching. I feel like I am being stabbed in the back. I know a specialist is necessary ASAP and a biopsy will be required, however before taking some pain killers and going to sleep I wish to know your opinion on my health issue please. What are the chances I have caused myself nasal cancer?? Please do NOT reply if I will be charged for your answer. I have briefly read the terms and conditions and could see NO fees involved, therefore I really appreciate your help this evening.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013